Sunday, June 27, 2010

Playing Outside on a Saturday

I worked at the Conglomerate Cafe on Saturday and it was busy. Of course, Pasty Fest was going on so that meant busy, busy, busy. It wasn't bad until I got behind on my toast and coffee! Then I just fell apart. Good thing I wasn't there all day!
My hubby and I had planned a Ranger ride out to the Keweenaw. I got home at about 12:30 and we were on the road by 1pm. We parked the truck at the Pine Palace and unloaded the Ranger, put our jackets on and away we went.
The first stop was to check out the map. Below my hubby is deciding which way to go.
On we went, enjoying some much needed together time and then we came across this bridge. Roped off and looking dangerous. This bridge was condemned. Gotta go around it.
We had to go thru the little stream and luckily it wasn't too deep. We had a lot of rain the night before so I thought maybe we'd be getting pretty wet.
This is where we started crossing. Looks easy peasy! Glad I wasn't driving. Then we'd really get wet.
On we went.....these were not smooth roads. A little bumpy for my liking but i was making due.
We stopped at High Rock. It was so cold there and people were camping out! In a tent! I'm too spoiled with my big travel trailer. I will not tent again. Just don't have it in my anymore!
We started heading back and decided we needed to stop for food and refreshments.
Liquid refreshments! I didn't have one but it looked so good!
We stopped at the Bear Belly. We have friends that own it but they were away for their daughter's softball game in Appleton.
I had a bowl of Cream of Mushroom soup. Added some crackers and it was gone in no time. Very good soup.
Pepper had the Reuben sandwich with fries. Man, that looked great too. He said it was very good. I got the last bite of this sandwich and it was good!
We got back to the Pine Palace and loaded up the Ranger. I had so much fun but I was ready to go home. My whole body seemed tired and I was just the rider!
I do enjoy riding this machine, I am just not a big nature girl. The bugs are not my favorite and I really don't like to get full of mud but I am a good sport and I will tolerate it all in the name of FUN! (I really, really don't like bugs and we did go thru some trail that seemed to have them all there!)
I know we will be doing this as often as we can. It's so much more fun than waving good bye to my hubby as he goes off on the 4-wheeler by himself. Now we can go together! Now we just need to decide where our next adventure will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment