Thursday, July 1, 2010

Making Cheesecake

My son is coming home from Missouri with his new fiance for the 4th of July and my daughter, Terra wanted to make Brooke's favorite dessert.....Red Velvet Cheesecake. Well, I am not the cheesecake maker in this family, my sister is. I thought it was sweet that Terra wanted to do this for her so I agreed to help her make it. I bought the ingredients and when I got home from work we started on it (had to call the sis to make sure I would get it right).

Here is a picture of Terra and Nathan after the chocolate and the red dye were melted and tasted. He was a little hesitant about trying the "red stuff' but once he did he realized it was pretty good!





Chocolate face! It's always fun licking the spoon. I had him go outside because I was worried about the red dye mixture getting on my furniture.

"Look Gramma, I look like I have a beard!"








The cleaning up after the licking of the spatula! He likes to do things himself so we had to keep telling him there was more on his face so it would all be gone.


This is a picture of the cheesecake recipe, not the one I made. Maybe I'll put a picture of the one I made, maybe not. We'll have to see how it came out first.


It was not hard to make but I don't know the "secrets" to making a good cheesecake. Hope Brooke likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment