Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Goodwill Finds

Today I stopped at Goodwill because I have been looking for a cheese dome. See it there in the middle? I was so excited when I found it!! The lady at the check out did not share my excitement. I have been blog hopping around some of the sites that take someones junk and they make it into something gorgeous. Well, the cheese dome and candle sticks is one of those things.
I intend to cut down one of the candle sticks to mount the cheese dome to. Then I will sand and prime the wood and then paint with maybe an off white color, then a little more sanding to make it look more rustic (or shabby chic....whichever you like). Then it will be beautiful sitting on my kitchen counter with fruit or something inside the dome. I'll make sure to take a picture of the finished project.
The other thing I found is the wood base with the light in it. These things cost me about $15 at the glass shop. I plan to use this for a stained glass frog nite lite I want to make for my grandson to put in the camper. A picture is promised for that project too.
Hopefully I can get these projects done in a timely matter......STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment