Friday, March 16, 2012

Watching Hockey

Last night was the first night our daughter got to watch her Dad play hockey. She was so excited to see him. I took a picture of them and they both looked so happy!
It's been many years since I have seen my hubby out on the ice and it was so good to see him play the game he loves so much!
Our daughter's boyfriend came and watched too. He plays hockey for our high school team and does very well!
Behind the net after a shot.
Waiting for the puck.
He was awesome! Have to say he still has the moves (like Jagger)!
My hubby has been playing hockey for a couple months with some other guys on a rental league. He was asked by one of these gentlemen to play in the Old Timers Tournament as they were short people. Of course he agreed!
They have different divisions per your age--thank goodness. Wouldn't want my hubs to hurt any of those young guys!:) He is in the "Masters" division.
I was very impressed with the level of play. The speed wasn't what it used to be, but the quality is till there.
I am going on my lunch hour today to watch another of his games and then again tomorrow to watch his last game (unless they make the playoffs-then we'll watch again on Sunday!).
Thanks for stopping by and if your a local, go and catch some great hockey games this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment