Sunday, August 1, 2010

Saturday Camping Fun

Today we wanted to go and check out the re-enactment over at the Fort. This picture below is of Nathan on the bridge behind the Fort coming from the campground. This was an interesting bridge because he could look over and see the crayfish down in the rocks. We continued on into Fort Wilkins.
Here is Nathan on one of the dormant canons. This canon is no longer fired. He wanted to have his picture taken on it so......I took it. He's waving "Hi" to me.
Look at this Face!!! Sometimes you take bunches of pictures and come up with one great one. I love this shot of my grandson!
I love this shot too. He's looking down the barrel of the canon to see if anything is in there. How cute!
The Battery D group was there doing the re-enactment. They were dressed as the soldiers dressed at the Fort and had camp activities all through the day. The best part is when they shoot off the canons. Nathan is sitting on a canon that they fire.
This gentleman is one of the Battery D men. Very kind man. He helped me get pictures of Nathan on the cannon so I made sure to get him in the shot too.
Another shot on the cannon.
Then it was time to head back to the camper. More swimming and getting a fire going were on the agenda. We did manage to get the kayak in the water and take Nathan across Fanny Hoe Lake to a nice sandy area where it was shallow so he could go swimming. He loves to go in the kayak and put his hands in the water while we are paddling.
The water was absolutely beautiful. Besides being as warm as bath water, it was so calm that you could see the reflection of the trees in the water.
I guess I can put up with the snow for days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment