Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some Craftin' Goin' On

Do you remember a few posts back where I showed you some things I found at our local Goodwill store. Below is a picture of those items to remind you. They are all nice pieces but I had something in mind for one of the candlesticks and the cheese dome. I asked my father-in-law if he would saw down one of the candlesticks and he was nice enough to do that for me and he even leveled it off for me.
I sanded down the cut candlestick and the wooden part of the cheese dome and then gave them a coat of primer. After the primer I sprayed them with an ivory paint. Them I glued them together and VOILA! What do you think?
Isn't she cute?! I have been seeing these all over blogland. I definitely did not come up with this on my own. Kudos to whomever dreamed this up. There are some really great blogs out there that re purpose items that people get rid of......you would be amazed!
I have a dish I bought at a rummage sale and I am going to use the other candlestick for that. I'll have that candlestick cut shorter and then glue it to the bowl. It will not be ivory. I have chosen pink. I really am not a fan of pink but I thought the bowl was cute. Of course I will take pictures....and post them on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment