Monday, April 19, 2010

A Day For ME!

Isn't this a pretty mug? I received this mug from a seminar I attended this past Saturday. It was called "A Day For Women".
It was a very nice event. You were greeted at the door to register and/or sign in. You had the option to go and be screened for Vitamin D deficiencies and then you could go to another place and be tested for glucose and have your blood pressure taken. Along the way you could visit the vendors that they had there.
The guest speaker was a Dermatologist. She was very informative on our skin and how to protect it and make it as healthy as it can be. By the way....tanning beds are very bad for your skin. I was thinking about getting a tanning package until she spoke to us on how dangerous they are for our skin. Money saved.
Our first stop was lunch. The fruit was sooooo good. I guess I haven't had much fruit lately because I could have just ate that. I also had a Chinese chicken wrap which was very good but I would have liked to put my teryaki sauce on. I also had soup...a little bland but not bad. Dessert was a raspberry chocolate cupcake that you knew was skinnied up...but it was good.
I picked three lectures to attend. The first was on tweens and teens and how to talk to them about Just Saying No. Silly me, I thought this was about sex but it was about drugs. Learned some surprising things about how kids get high! Hopefully I won't have to worry about this with my daughter but the info is good to have.
Then I went to Beginner Jogging. This was not my first choice. I wanted to go to the stability ball lecture but it was full. I am interested in learning to jog and I guess this will be a good start. Of course nutrition, hydration and proper clothing and shoes was addressed but no jogging. Good thing.....I was not prepared for that.
The last lecture I attended was From Infancy to Adulthood--Women's Health. This was mostly about immunizations and we are past that but there was information on the Gardisill shot that I need to get my daughter started on---she will not be happy about that.
We all gathered back in the cafeteria as they were raffling some things. I won a 30 minute session in an infrared sauna, parafin for the hands and a 60 minute bioelement facial. Sounds good to me. Another couple of hours of pampering. I could get used to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment