Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Time

Ahhhh, I finally have more time for reading. I love to read. I especially love true stories about real life. I am definitely not into the romance novels....livin' those....LOL. I'm not much into westerns or sci fi. I do love a good biography.

I was at a friend's house yesterday visiting and catching up. She mentioned that she was up late reading a book she had found in their church library. She said it was so good she couldn't put it down and was up way too late to finish it. I read the back cover and it sounded like something I would read. A true story about two college girls who had been in a terrible accident. One had died and one survived but the authorities had incorrectly identified them. It's a story written by their families. It's called Mistaken Identity by Don & Susie Van Ryn and Newell, Colleen & Whitney Cerak with Mark Tabb.

I started reading in the bath. I don't know how long I was in the tub but the water was getting too cold to stay in to read so I continued reading on the couch. My husband was quite serious when he got up and said "Don't stay up all night to read it all.". I guess he knows me too well. I usually will read a book in one day. Well, I knew work was not going to be any fun if I was tired so I got to a point in the book where the family of the injured girl was figuring out this was not their daughter. Heart wrenching! Went to bed thinking about another mother in Ontonagon who had lost her 14 year old son about a year ago from a skiing accident. I met her a few months after his passing and what a wonderful person she is! So strong! She gave all the credit to God and her faith in Him....just like the families in the book. I took the book to work thinking I will have time at lunch to finish it.

Our God is an awesome God. I know He sends people and circumstances to me for a reason. My friend Gail is one of those people. She is amazing and I love her like a sister. She would do anything for you and she has helped me in so many ways.....spiritually and mentally. She is the one that lent me the book. She knows I like true stories and God knows I need to be reminded about how grateful I am for my life and my family.

I am grateful for every day I have to be a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister and friend. I am so grateful for all of you too....my family and my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment