Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quiet Days

Things have been quiet at our house lately. We haven't been going anywhere or doing too much because my hubby and I had bad colds. His was a little worse than mine. Seems he may be starting pneumonia in his left lung. I think he also had a touch of the flu as he had the body aches, fever and tummy problems. So glad that missed me!

Easter was quiet too. We had a small family gathering at my sister's house. Of course the food was great! My Mom made a pistachio dessert and my sis made a cheesecake.....love her cheesecake! We had ham and lasagna and the fixin's. We visited and then went home to hide eggs for our grandson that would be coming over later in the evening.


Our daughter starts practicing in track today, so we will have that to go to when the season starts. She is going to be doing the pole vault, sprints and long jump. I love to watch the pole vault. You'd think it was really boring but it's actually quite interesting. This year I'll be able to watch my nephew Cory more too. I haven't watched him in his sports much this year so I need to get out and support him more.


Not much on the agenda for this week. Hopefully it'll warm up again and the wind will die down so I can get out and ride the bike more. I'll finish up the raking in the yard and get my garden ready for the flowers to come up. I'll plant the topsy turvy thingy in a couple weeks and then I'll get the old tires out of the yard and put them in place and filled with soil so my grandson can have his own little garden space to grow what he wants. So far we have green beans picked and maybe he'll want to plant pumpkins.....that will be up to him but I hope he picks pumpkins!

No comments:

Post a Comment