Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New Deck

We are adding on to our back deck. I wanted to have a space off of our original deck to put a table and chairs on. We do have a deck there already but when you get the table and chairs on it there really isn't much room to move around. First we thought we would do a paver area. We looked at all the pavers and really didn't find anything that appealed to us. I didn't really want to mess with all the leveling and filling in with sand. So we put it off until we could figure out what we really wanted. So, last weekend we just decided to add on to what we already have.
My hubby started the deck when I was away on Saturday. He got quite a bit done by himself. He is such a great handyman. He gets frustrated with me because I think he can build and do anything and he has to keep me grounded with my thinking. (He can do most anything!!)
Still trying to figure out what I can do with those old steps.
Day one ended. I was happy with what he accomplished.
Day two started with a drive to pick up the rest of the materials we needed to finish the job. No progress on the deck today.
Day three didn't start until after Pepper got off of work and continued when I got home from work and picking up our Grandson to help. He loves to be around when we are building things.
This is the deck at the end of day three. Good progress was made. Not much left to do so it won't take long to finish up.
When it's all done, we will be able to have our first dinner out there. Can hardly wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hubby's doing a great job!

    P.S....like the old blog set up/colors better.

    ReplyDelete