Friday, October 28, 2011

Having Lunch At The Park

I left work at noon to find something to eat. I wasn't really sure what I was hungry for. I headed for a small grocery store in Hancock for some soup but I really wasn't hankerin' (is that a word?) for soup...so I passed by. Then I remembered another little cafe in the old hospital. What the heck.....I'll give it a try.


I ordered the Hot Oven Roasted Turkey Dijon. This is how it's described on the menu:


Fresh roasted turkey topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions, provolone cheese, a creamy Dijon sauce and served on an Italian Batard, with pickle & chips-$6.95.


Sounded good to me, so I ordered it. I wasn't sure what Italian Batard was but I love bread--any bread--so I wasn't too concerned.
The cafe is called Kangas' Cafe. They also do catering and I have been at several weddings where they have catered and I enjoyed their food. Today was no exception. This is the "to-go" box with their menu and the gentleman at the counter gave me the two candies. PERFECT!

I drove to a small park close to work to eat and noticed this little guy busy with his pine cone. I couldn't eat all the bread or all the chips so I shared with him.

He carried this pine cone all over the park. He'd run with it in his mouth, drop it, run away from it, then come back and get it. Funny!

I watched him for a bit and then had to head back to work.

Turkey in my belly......I'll need a nap break this afternoon. Hope I can hold out for the rest of the day!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment