Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's Not Pretty, But It's Cake!

Ok, here's the story:
My hubby has started playing hockey again. I am so happy for him because he really loves to play hockey and he hasn't played for at least 13 years! The first day he pulled a muscle (the body wasn't caught up to what the mind wanted). Then a week later played again. He said he felt great and wowza! he was just HAPPY with everything!
Well, we went shopping this morning and he made a comment about having fun playing hockey again and he sure would love to indulge in some carrot cake. Me, make carrot cake? It did not have chocolate in it, it has raisins in it, but my hubby loves carrot cake. I didn't know that. So, because he has been the easiest guy to be around these last two weeks, I decided to make cake for him.
Now don't go thinking I made all this from scratch! Betty Crocker and I are buds!
Here are the two rounds I baked.....they look alright....even without chocolate in them and it smelled so good in my house. I have them cooling so I can frost them (more Betty Crocker). It's not pretty, but it's cake! My skills as a cake decorator are lacking but I figure it'll be just as good without all the fancy schmancy decorating.

First slice.....gone! He couldn't wait until it was ready to cut.

When asked how it was, the response was....GOOD!

This cake is safe from me in this house. It smelled great while it was baking and I love frosting out of a can, but.....this one is alllllll for the hubbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment