Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snackers

It was right around supper time when our "deer alarm" went off (our Shelty: Daisy). We had these two guys in the back yard munching on the grass. I'm sure they had already been under the apple tree as I had put out some carrots and celery for them.
If you look close, you can still see the spots on the first deer. They have been coming into our yard since they were old enough. This is momma, I'm guessing. She was the look-out and when she heard my camera take the picture they all ran into the back yard behind all the trees.

We are so lucky to live where we do. We are on the out skirts of town and close enough that it doesn't take a lot of time to get into town for grocery shopping, etc.

I've seen so many different animals here: bear, wolf, squirrels, chipmunks, coyotes and more.

It's been interesting watching the deer. They are very cautious. It's getting to that time.....deer season.

Hope my little deer family hang around here and don't venture out into the open fields. We all know what happened to Bambi's mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment