Saturday, March 27, 2010

Coloring Eggs For Easter With Nathan

Today we thought we would color eggs with Nathan as we won't see him until Easter Sunday. We bought a dye kit.....ever notice how many kits are out there? My lordy....which one do you pick. I know I didn't want a kit that entailed more than the usual vinegar, water and add egg. I found a kit that even had little vinyl cups to put your dye and eggs into. I'll be saving those for tubby toys. We filled the cups and Nathan started dunking his eggs. He wanted to keep pulling them out and checking on them. Look at his cute little face and big "CHEESE" smile!
Here he is checking his eggs. He was really doing a good job being patient!
Grandpa would come and help him when it was time to pull the eggs out and see if there was enough color on them. Nathan would tell him if he liked it or not. Back into the water was more fun.
Here he is putting the eggs onto the little paper holder uppers (What do you call them?). He wanted them there so they could dry so he could decorate them.
Here is the first egg he decorated with the face stickers.
Here are all the eggs he dyed and put stickers on. He had a blast and I'm sure glad we had the time with him to do it. Now.....who's coming over for egg salad sandwiches this week?





1 comment:

  1. Once again....I think you know who is going to have that egg salad!

    ReplyDelete