Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Little Road Trip

Yesterday we took a little road trip. Both my husband and I took the day off to go and watch our daughter in a track meet. We packed a cooler with some goodies and water and picked up our grandson and headed out.

Our first stop was a roadside park. Our grandson was getting a little antsy so we thought we'd stop so he could run around. They had a hand pump for water and that kept him busy, he and his Grandpa had fun with that. Then he and I played freeze tag....I love that game with him. The look on his face when he freezes cracks me up every time.

The next stop was in Iron Mountain. We went to the Home Depot and picked up some things we needed for the house. I sure love those home improvement stores! There is so much I want when I go in there! So many ideas just come flooding into my brain and you can just see my hubby cringe every time I say "Hey, check this out. We could........". Poor guy.

We did a little more shopping around the area and stopped at a Polaris dealership. They were closed! Oh well, at least they had some machines outside and Nathan sat in or on every one of them.

We headed over to Iron River but first stopped at Wink's Woods. I enjoy walking around this store...even if I don't buy anything. There is actually too much stuff in this place. What drew me in were the yard signs they had in front but none that I actually liked. Oh well, saved a few bucks there.

We got to Iron River and checked out the town. Had to make a visit to the local hardware store which is huge! Then off to the school to watch the track meet.

Terra ran in the 100m and 300m hurdles, the long jump and the 1600m relay. She did well in each event.

Thought maybe Nathan would fall asleep on the way home, but......he was up the whole trip. I sure was looking forward to some shut eye but that would have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment