Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Warrior

This past weekend my husband went to the camp to hang out with his sons and the guys to go 4 wheeling. So, my daughter and I were "home alone". We didn't have any plans....thought we'd just hang out, have pizza. Well, her friends called and then I was "home alone".

I had recently bought some paint to re-do our front porch. Thought this would be a perfect time to start since no one was around. I started moving things out of the porch at 9:00pm Friday and got to painting. Finished two walls (2 coats) and decided the other two could wait until the next day. Went to bed feeling like I had accomplished enough.

The next morning, my Dad came over with his dog and he told me they were taking a quick trip to Marquette. Sounded good to me so I asked if I could tag along. Of course I could.....they love my company.

We left at 10:00am and got home around 6:30pm. I walked into my porch and decided I was not going to wait until Sunday to finish. I wanted to surprise my hubby with all the work I did (and the work he wouldn't have to do). I got out the roller and paint and away I went. Both walls, two coats and the job was done. I do have a few touch ups that need to be done. You can see things better in the light of day, so I'll get to those very soon.

On Sunday my daughter and I went to Church. We stayed for a pot luck lunch honoring a couple of MTU grads and one of our Sunday school teachers that was retiring. Great lunch. Pot luck is my favorite!

Weekend warrior job complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment