Thursday, March 4, 2010

Busy Days

It was a usual day today. Got up with hubby and made his lunch and went back to bed. Got up again, made my daughter's lunch and drove her to school. Got home and made breakfast and enjoyed that while watching HGTV. Then I got ready for work.
After work my boss and I loaded up two carpet tubes in my car. Carpet tubes are 12' long......they hung out a little. Then ran to our local hardware store to pick up paint (for the tubes) and then to the rink to drop everything off for the ladies who were working on props for the ice show. Then I had to hurry and get home before 5:45 as my daughter was getting picked up by a young man to go to the girl's basketball district finals.
The rule is....if I don't know him, he needs to come into the house so we can meet him. I'm sure my daughter was terrified that we would embarrass her but I think it went very well. She was a little nervous so I had to introduce myself and her Dad to him. He shook my hand and said "hello" to her Dad. I was okay with that. Of course I had to ask how long he had been driving. See, I'm not really worried about who she was with (at this time) but I was more worried about her being with a new driver. Well guess what?! He's only been driving since September! Nervousness set in. Oh boy.....what do I do now. At least the roads were clear and dry and they were getting there in the daylight. Do I dare ask him how he would handle certain situations? I decided to let it go and trust that he is responsible.
She called a couple times to fill me in on the game and then again when they were leaving. They showed up right on time--safe and sound! When the boys were out I always worried about them. I never went to sleep until everyone was home. If I did fall asleep before they got home I would check on them if I woke during the night.
So we start the dance of dating. Ughh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment