Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Found Snack

Yellow squash. Who da thunk this would become a favorite snack for me?

Thanks to my sister it is now a favorite snack. Oh, it'll never take the place of chocolate but it sure is a healthier snack. I was hanging out with my sister and she came up to me with this bowl of cooked squash. Ewwww! Her eating habits just don't appeal to me. I must have been going through chocolate withdrawal because she made it look good. Gave it a taste. Hmmm, not bad. Nuke me up some!! Tried it, liked it and have been snacking on it since.
So I guess I need to always try a new food rather than turn my nose up at it. Just yesterday I was at the bead store and the owner was talking about fresh asparagus and how I just had to try it.....steamed, with a little butter and salt. I thought back to my younger years when my Mom made us eat canned asparagus----so totally gross. Nope, don't want to try it. Peg said it is so much better than the canned---oh Erika, give it a try. Nope!!

So back to the always try before the no likey response comes around......went to Econo and picked up a bunch. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...I knew you liked 'em but did you go out and buy a whole bushel?

    ReplyDelete