Friday, March 19, 2010

One Of My Hobbies

Hobbies....what would I do without them? I have quite a few hobbies......scrapbooking, card making, stained glass, sewing and making jewelry. Making jewelry started when I couldn't find a necklace to match an outfit I had. I went to our local bead store and OMG!! I could not believe the beautiful stones and beads she had there! So....added that hobby to my list.
Below is a necklace I made from a stone I picked out of a pile of rocks at a store in Copper Harbor.
There was no drill hole so I just took a piece of wire and wrapped the stone. I just wanted a simple piece and I love it.
This piece came about because I needed a white necklace. I couldn't find a natural stone in white so I went with the acrylic beads. Wasn't crazy about it but it's growing on me.

Again, I just wanted a simple black piece. I've gotten a lot of comments on this piece and have made some for friends.
This was my second try at making a necklace. I loved the stones.
This was the necklace that started it all. I love red and finding red stones/beads was actually kind of hard. I did find the beads, made the necklace and wore it to the event.
Most of my pieces are very simple.
Today I am wearing a chunky orange piece I just made. I loved the focal bead and had to really hunt for beads and stones to match. I love orange too. Such a vibrant color. I'll post a picture of it soon.
It's starting to snow here today. What a disappointment after all the beautiful weather we had this week. I should have known the snow gods were not done with us yet.
Men's hockey league game tonight. Wolverines against the Portage Lake Pioneers. Hope the Wolves smoke 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment