Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Family

So, we had our family portrait taken. This is just the hubby and I. We don't usually like our photo taken but we hadn't had one in such a long time that we decided it was time. I'm not very photogenic but the hubby is. We had our daughter with us and she helped to get us to smile....she's such a cut-up. We had an individual photo taken of her also because we had the boys senior pictures on a wall and no Terra....so, we had hers taken with her ice skates. We are planning another photo session this summer as we want to get our grandson in there with us.
Well, in May we will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary. I want to surprise Mr. with a weekend getaway. I've been looking on-line to find someplace not too far from home but far enough that it feels different. Not a shopping place...maybe a quaint bed and breakfast somewhere on a lake. I want to do this for him because he is such a wonderful man. He does so much for Terra and I. I know....that's part of the Dad/Hubby job but really....have you ever been around when I come up with a crazy idea for a craft project. He definitely keeps me grounded. He also has become a great cook for us. 10 years ago when he started a new job, he got off work before me.....so a cook was born! He was not really enthused about becoming the family cook but...when you get home first....you get to cook. I have to honestly say he's never cooked a bad meal! So whisking him away for a weekend where he doesn't have to cook will be enjoyable for him. We've come a long way...both our second marriages. Getting two families together is not an easy feat especially when dealing with exes. But, we got thru and it certainly has made us stronger....individually and as a couple.
So for family away that hasn't met my Mr.---here he is. Isn't he a handsome one. So glad we came across in an ice rink---just at the right time. This may sound corny but, I saw him across a room and he was laughing. His eyes are what brought me to him. A friend of his introduced us and we talked long into the night. HISTORY!

The next photo is of his family....This was taken this past Christmas. Everyone was there!! I love this picture.

My husband's Dad had been ill and we were so afraid we were going to lose him but he is a Finlander (which translates into "a stubborn man") and he is doing well. The only boys missing are mine and the extra little one by me is my grandson Nathan. We had Grandma and Grandpa, all four of their children with their spouses and the kids. My sister-in-law usually just gets the grand kids out for a group picture but this time she got us all out there. It was a mild day, but cold. Of course cold....we live in the Copper Country.







No comments:

Post a Comment