Saturday, February 27, 2010

Predator Hunt

Last night my husband called from camp. He had shot a coyote and thought we would all be excited to know this. He actually invited my grandson and I to come out to camp to check out the kill. Did I want my grandson to see that? I did, but I didn't. At deer season Nathan was always asking Grandpa if he got his buck. I don't think he really knew what a coyote looked like. You can hear them on our property but you rarely see them.

Nathan didn't seem too thrilled with the dead coyote but my dog, Daisy was all over it! The dog was so excited she kept walking up to it and sniffing it. When we went into the camp she was whining to get back out to it.

Grandpa was showing Nathan where he shot the coyote. Nathan kept talking about the blood in his nose. He wouldn't touch it......thank goodness.....grosse! Hello....no touching the dead thing!


This is a closer look. He shot him in the neck and some of the shot had gone to his cheek area. For a coyote he's not bad looking. No mange and he's not too skinny. Must be an abundant rabbit population this year. This coyote's head will get mounted for the deer camp and his coat will be tanned and hung there also. No room on my walls at home for this.
They have this predator hunt every year. As far as I know it's coyotes and foxes. I think foxes are beautiful but they do damage to the bird and rabbit populations. I'm not a big fan of this stuff but.......at least my hubby gets out to play with the other big boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment